Radiant 0.9.0 Release Candidate 2
Announcing the second release candidate of Radiant 0.9.0.
The big news in this release internationalization. For that we have many developers to thank, but in particular Keith Bingman for organizing the effort.
There are a couple of changes that are worth mentioning, but see the CHANGELOG for the full details. What’s changed?
- The tab API has solidified.
- There are new features for pagination (requiring will_paginate).
- You can now run Radiant from a sub-directory.
- When selecting a published date in the future, Radiant will treat the content as hidden until that date
- Extensions may be loaded as gems and generated extensions now have features to easily create gems with Jeweler
- We’re running on Rails 2.3.5 (but don’t worry, we’re working on Rails 3)
If you are an extension developer, begin upgrading now. The official release of 0.9 is just around the corner.
As always we welcome your feedback and contributions.
Additionally, version 0.8.2 has quietly been released to prevent problems with running rake commands while newer cucumber versions are installed on your system. There are no new features in 0.8.2.
Download & Install
You can download the gem here http://github.com/radiant/radiant/downloads
Install it with the gem command:
$ gem install radiant --prerelease
This will install the gem as ‘radiant-0.9.0.rc2’.
How to Upgrade an Existing Project or Site
1. Update the Radiant assets from in your project:
2. Migrate the database:
rake production db:migrate
3. Restart the web server