Radiant 0.8.1 - Luster Release
Radiant 0.8.1 “Luster” sports numerous enhancements to extensions, most notably:
- Rails Metal and Cucumber features are supported
- Rails configuration is accessible for depending on gems and modifying the environment using
- Inter-extension dependencies can be declared before activation using
This release also includes support for IBM DB2 and corrects some bugs with the admin interface and caching system. The packaged Rails version was upgraded to 2.3.4.
A few compatibility notes:
- The Radiant gem now depends on rack 1.0 or later because it was removed from Rails 2.3.4.
- The default cache directory was moved to
tmp/cacheso as to follow convention better and support deployment on Heroku.
Many thanks to our contributors and committers for their contributions.
To install use the gem command (with ‘sudo’ as necessary):
$ gem install radiant
Upgrading an existing project/site
For upgrading from some versions, especially pre-0.8, we recommend following the instructions found on the download page.
1. Change the RADIANT_GEM_VERSION constant in config/environment.rb to “0.8.1” or remove it altogether.
2. Update the Radiant assets in your project:
3. Copy your customizations back into
config/environment.rb, if necessary.
4. Migrate the database:
rake production db:migrate
5. Restart the server
Creating a new project/site
1. Invoke the
radiant command with your desired database driver:
$ radiant -d sqlite3 my_project
2. Bootstrap the database:
$ cd my_project $ rake db:bootstrap
3. Startup the server and try it out!