Radiant 0.8.0 - Asterism Release
Radiant 0.8.0 “Asterism” features a brand new and more compliant caching
mechanism based on Rack::Cache, and numerous bugfixes and small enhancements.
Also included are:
- An extensive integration suite using Cucumber and Webrat
- Rails 2.3.2 (previously 2.1.2)
- Highline 1.5.1
- Haml 2.0.9
Many thanks to our contributors and committers for their contributions.
To install use the gem command (with ‘sudo’ as necessary):
$ gem install radiant
Upgrading an existing project/site
1. Change the RADIANT_GEM_VERSION constant in config/environment.rb to “0.8.0” or remove it altogether.
2. Update the Radiant assets in your project:
3. Copy your customizations back into
config/environment.rb, if necessary.
4. Migrate the database:
rake production db:migrate
5. Restart the server
Creating a new project/site
1. Invoke the
radiant command with your desired database driver:
$ radiant -d sqlite3 my_project
2. Bootstrap the database:
$ cd my_project $ rake db:bootstrap
3. Startup the server and try it out!