Radiant 0.7.0 - Intaglio Release (final)
Radiant 0.7.0 “Intaglio” culminates six months of refactoring and bug-
fixing by a dedicated team of contributors. The major milestone crossed
with this release is that the admin controllers have been refactored
toward Rails’ RESTful design. In addition, these changes are of note:
- A beautiful new database template by Paul du Coudray is included.
- Rails 2.1.2 is included.
- Radiant is now compatible with Ruby 1.8.7.
- The extension installer is more helpful, and more friendly with git.
- The caching mechanism supports nginx-style X-Accel-Redirect headers and ETags.
- RSpec and RSpec-Rails are no longer included, but use gem dependencies.
- Extensions can now use timestamped migration numbers.
- Updated gems of RedCloth and BlueCloth (RDiscount) will be preferred over the pre-packaged versions if installed.
There were over 80 changes to this release! A big thank you goes to all
of the sprint weekend attendees and hack night contributors. Well done!
To install use the gem command (with ‘sudo’ as necessary):
$ gem install radiant
Upgrading an existing project/site
1. Change the RADIANT_GEM_VERSION constant in config/environment.rb to “0.7.0” or remove it altogether.
2. Update the Radiant assets in your project:
3. Copy your customizations back into
config/environment.rb, if necessary.
4. Migrate the database:
rake production db:migrate
5. Restart the server
Creating a new project/site
1. Invoke the
radiant command with your desired database driver:
$ radiant -d sqlite3 my_project
2. Bootstrap the database:
$ cd my_project $ rake db:bootstrap
3. Startup the server and try it out!