Radiant 0.6.8 - Incise Release
Radiant 0.6.8 “Incise” adds a number of new features that enhance support for extensions and complete the project’s move to github. Of special note are:
- Extension installer/uninstaller scripts (script/extension) and a global ‘extension registry’ at ext.radiantcms.org
- Support for freezing edge Radiant using ‘git’
- Remember-me functionality for the admin UI
This should be a seamless upgrade for users of 0.6.7 and should require only minor adjustments for versions 0.6.5+.
To install use the gem command (with ‘sudo’ as necessary):
$ gem install radiant
Upgrading an existing project/site
1. Change the RADIANT_GEM_VERSION constant in config/environment.rb to “0.6.8” or remove it altogether.
2. Update the Radiant assets in your project:
3. Copy your customizations back into
config/environment.rb, if necessary.
4. Migrate the database:
rake production db:migrate
5. Restart the server
Creating a new project/site
1. Invoke the
radiant command with your desired database driver:
$ radiant -d sqlite3 my_project
2. Bootstrap the database:
$ cd my_project $ rake db:bootstrap
3. Startup the server and try it out!