Radiant 0.6.5 Release Candidate 2
It’s time for another release candidate of Radiant 0.6.5! Thanks to “Radiant Day” and some healthy participation, we’re almost there. It is my feeling that we’ll likely have a final release next week. As before, these are the big changes in 0.6.5:
- Rails 2.0.2 included
- RSpec is used in core and supported in extensions
In addition to those several significant changes have been made since 0.6.5 RC1:
- Better support for specs in extensions
- Generated spec_helper.rb should work as intended
- Scenarios are supported in extensions
- rake spec:extensions will only attempt to run specs in extensions that contain them
- Core extensions include both specs and traditional test/unit tests.
- Some CSS and HTML bugfixes and enhancements
- Better spec/code coverage overall, including specs for view helpers
You can download the Radiant 0.6.5 RC2 here.
This release candidate is intended for developers and is NOT intended for production use. Please report any bugs you find to the development site.
To install use the gem command (with ‘sudo’ as necessary):
$ gem install radiant-0.6.5-rc2.gem
The gem will install as ‘radiant-0.6.5’.
Upgrading an existing project/site
1. Change the RADIANT_GEM_VERSION constant in config/environment.rb to “0.6.5” or remove it altogether.
2. Update the Radiant assets in your project:
3. Copy your customizations back into
config/environment.rb, if necessary (see below).
4. Migrate the database if you are running 0.6.2 or earlier:
rake production db:migrate
5. Restart the server
Creating a new project/site
1. Invoke the
radiant command with your desired database driver:
$ radiant -d sqlite3 my_project
2. Bootstrap the database:
$ cd my_project $ rake db:bootstrap
3. Startup the server and try it out!
Internal Changes to
This release has required a lot of changes to the internal API of Radiant. End-users should be unaffected, but as a result of these requirements, we have made significant changes to
config/boot.rb. When updating your existing projects,
config/environment.rb will be copied to
config/environment.bak. You will need to manually copy any customizations, especially
config.extensions and any other libraries, etc. that you require. DO NOT copy
config.plugin_paths, or any of those items to the new file; those settings have been internalized in this release. If you have further questions, please address them to the mailing list.