Radiant 0.6 Release Candidate
After a hard day’s work the core team is pleased to announce the immediate release of Radiant 0.6 RC1! Lots of changes have gone into this release—too many to enumerate them all at this time of night. Suffice it to say that the focus of this release has been the new extension system. We’ll make sure there is a complete list of new features when this becomes the official release, but for now we want to submit it to you for feedback and testing.
To give it a whirl:
1. Download the gem: radiant-0.6.0rc1.gem
2. Install it using:gem install radiant-0.6.0rc1.gem
3. Use the Radiant command to create a fresh project:radiant -d sqlite3 path/to/your/project
config/database.yml to taste.
5. Run the new bootstrap rake task:cd path/to/your/project rake production db:bootstrap
6. Configure and start it up on your favorite Web server:script/server -e production
One aspect of this new release that we would especially like feedback on is that the new Radiant gem now contains it’s own copy of Rails. Since we have been binding each release of Radiant to a specific Rails version we thought it prudent to go ahead and package Rails with Radiant. This has the side benefits of simplifying dependencies and making booting easier.